Saturday, November 21, 2009

The Saturday poem

I subscribe to a number of "poem by email" services [?] for my delectation and yours ~ plog fodder. There are many: some better than others. The topic might make an interest plost someday. The Guardian'd Poetry section is one of the best

 
 

Sent to you by none via Google Reader:

 
 


from The Shadow of Sirius, by WS Merwin

It appears now that there is only one

age and it knows

nothing of age as the flying birds know

nothing of the air they are flying through

or of the day that bears them up

through themselves

and I am a child before there are words

arms are holding me up in a shadow

voices murmur in a shadow

as I watch one patch of sunlight moving

across the green carpet

in a building

gone long ago and all the voices

silent and each word they said in that time

silent now

while I go on seeing that patch of sunlight


guardian.co.uk © Guardian News & Media Limited 2009 | Use of this content is subject to our Terms & Conditions | More Feeds


 
 

Things you can do from here:

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...