…in case you've missed the Facebook, Twitter & local media traffic ~ no small % of which has been generated by current (and first) ABQ Poet Laureate, Hakim Bellamy ~ reminding you... here's another
Monday, January 27, 2014
Monday, January 13, 2014
…featuring Elizabeth Galligan & Don DeNoon, 7pm, Jan 23 at The Source…#BillyBrown writes,
Poets and Poetry Lovers, I am pleased to announce the January 2014 Fixed and Free poetry reading, Thursday, January 23, 7-9 pm, at The Source, featuring Elizabeth A. Galligan and Don DeNoon. Find more information below about these two wonderful poets! Please come out to support these terrific poets and hear their inspiring poetry! Also, please invite friends who love poetry.
While you are at it, read some of your own poems and/or favorite poems by other poets.
Below you will also find a complete schedule of Fixed and Free readings for 2014, which always occur on the FOURTH THURSDAY of each month, January – October.
I am inclined to skip readings for Thursday, November 27, 2014, which is Thanksgiving Day and Thursday December 25, 2014, which is Christmas Day. If there are people who would like to meet on one or both of those Holidays, please tell me, and I'll see what I can do.
Yours for Powerful Poetry,
Billy Brown, 401-8139
DETAILS for January 2014 Fixed and Free Poetry Reading
- Featured Poets: Elizabeth A. Galligan and Don DeNoon
- Date: Thursday, January 23, 2014
- Time: 6:30 pm open mike sign-up, 7–9 pm reading
- Location: Garden Room at The Source, 1111 Carlisle Blvd SE
- Host: Billy Brown, 401-8139
- Cost: We appreciate donations of $ 2-3 from each in attendance,to help defray a $ 20 fee for using The Source, to help pay the featured poets, and for ingredients for baked goodies.
- Rule: 5 minute limit on the open "mike"
- Food/drink: There will be pastries available to those who donate and for sale (50¢ each) to those who do not donate. Hot water is available in Source kitchen for coffee and tea
LAST OCTOBER: our October 2013 Fixed and Free gathering was a terrific evening of poetry, with four members of the group Albuquerque Word Weavers reading poems, many from their new book Weavin' 2 ! Thank you, thank you, thank you for your inspiring poetry.NEXT MONTH: February 27, featuring Shirley Blackwell and Eleanor Grogg Stewart