These will also be added to the P&W Calendar, but here's the month at a glance ~ can't exactly do that for 'burque. Note also, NMSU Distinguished Writers Reading Series events and additional open mic venues on the List.
- Friday, September 3: 5:30-7:00 pm, First Friday Open Mic Lit Night, Rio Grande Theatre, Las Cruces Downtown Mall, hosted by Wayne Crawford.
- Sundays, September 5, 12, 19, 26: 7-9 pm, Open Mic, Starbuck's on Valley (Las Cruces), hosted by James Adams
- Wednesdays, September 8. 15, 22, 29: 7-10 pm. Open Mic (mostly music but poetry, etc., too), Cattlemen's Steak House, hosted by Jerry Phillips.
- Fridays, September 10 & 24: 7-9 pm. Open Mic (music, also open to poets, readers & storytellers), Starbuck's (On University, Las Cruces), hosted by Larry Stocker
- Friday, September 10: 7:30-8:30, Hardman Hall, NMSU, La Sociedad Para Las Artes' Boswell-Nelson Distinguished Writers Reading Series, features Carmen Gimenez Smith with MFA candidate Robert Alan Wendeborn
- Tuesday, September 21: 7:30-9:30 pm: Third Tuesday Open Mic, Palacio's Bar, (The Enclosed Patio) avenida de Mesilla, Mesilla, hosted by Joe Somoza.
- Friday, September 24: 7:30-8:30, Hardman Hall, NMSU, La Sociedad Para Las Artes' Boswell-Nelson Distinguished Writers Reading Series features poet Rodrigo Toscano with MFA candidate Robert Rome.