Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Int'l Poetry Web Poem of the week ~ ARK

ARK

One stormy night I will open by myself
The lonely locked room beside me

I may find a candle-stub, a box of matches
A bolt of spiritual lightning to set me shivering

A stone sinks in the ocean five hundred metres off shore
The soul of a bird nesting in the cliffs is fervent and imperilled

Yes, the ocean is nearby, one stormy night
I will listen to the pounding of the waves and light the candle

Write life’s sun on the land
And the death-date of all things

But I am a young man walking towards the sea
After experiencing hardships I will be fully fledged

Three knocks on the door reverberate in my heart
The tide leaps onto the sandy shore like a great host of turtles

This night’s dagger, this flotsam from a seaborne ship
I pat the ancient ark, the bright moon hangs high

One stormy night I will open by myself
The lonely locked room beside me

©  Xi Chuan   © Translation: 2006, Tao Naikan and Tony Prince

Poem of the week  ~  Xi Chuan page
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...