That slamming might slip into flyting and replace weaponry (WMI: Words of Mass Instruction) in international conflicts: comforting to contemplate but too much to expect.
The following from report posted on NM Slam:
For slam-off round 1, media in the house: tv and newspaper crews all over the place. A 3 way tie between Damien Flores, Christian Drake and Hakim Bellamy. Each went up with one more poem and still the scores were so close it was crazy. Needless to say ALL of the poets were bringing the heat last night, but ultimately a decision had to be made.
That decision - take six poets on to finals, so....the poets going on to the finals night from Round 1 are:
Raffle to raise money for the program next year and for the winner. Prize List:
- A free microderm abrasion treatment to make your skin all young and shiny ($150 value)
- A free gas card for $25
- A Flying Star gift card worth $25
- A free day at Stone Age Climbing Gym for 2 (or 2 free days, you pick)
- 1 free hour of acting lessons at the Studio or 2 audition workshops
- A free 15 minute flight for two over ABQ provided by Enchantment Helicopters
e-mail Zachary Kluckman at tigerbrighttiger@ yahoo.com for raffle tickets, $3 apiece or two for $5, or just pick them up at Round 2 on Friday, May 29.
Winners announced at Finals in June!