Sunday, July 24, 2011

Poem-A-Day: Li Po, In the Mountains on a Summer Day

I am in the Mountains; it is a summer day (fortunately less oppressive than previous ones). I subscribed for National Poetry Month to blog but mostly just read them for myself and forgot to share. My bad. Posting a poem a day or when I don't have another subject or announcements to post (trying to get away from that though) certainly would take care of daily poetry blogging.

Academy of American Poets
Academy of American Poets

July 24, 2011
Today's poem appears in More Translations From The Chinese, published by Alfred A. Knopf.


Related Poems
A Boy and His Dad
by Edgar Guest A Green Crab's Shell
by Mark Doty A Lesson for This Sunday
by Derek Walcott A Path Between Houses
by Greg Rappleye

Academy of American Poets
75 Maiden Lane
Suite 901
New York, NY 10038
212-274-0343
academy@poets.org


In the Mountains on a Summer Day

by Li Po
translated by Arthur Waley

Gently I stir a white feather fan,
With open shirt sitting in a green wood.
I take off my cap and hang it on a jutting stone;
A wind from the pine-trees trickles on my bare head.
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...