Saturday, July 30, 2011

New and On View: Mudlark Poster No. 94 (2011)

An Electronic Journal of Poetry & Poetics
Never in and never out of print..
.

Five Poems by Deborah Flanagan

Going to Hell | A Sixpence Song | How the Man is Knit
Unauthorized Autobiography | Floating Island Custard
One is for bad news: I dream that men are birds and they have something to tell me
Two is for mirth: wake to find a huge crow, pacing to and fro
Three is a wedding: drink wine in which a blackbird drowned
Four for a birth: I bake a pie full of twenty-four naughty boys
Five is for riches: serve it to the queen in the parlor with bread and honey
Six is a thief: a bird with one wing steals my nose
Seven a journey: I visit the doctor; he sews it back on
Eight is for grief: the birds refuse to fly out of the pie
Nine is a secret: why a raven is like a writing desk
Ten is for sorrow: my heart in a baby birdcage
Eleven is love: nevermore
Twelve is joy on the morrow: I open my mouth; a bird flies out
Deborah Flanagan's work has appeared in journals including The Gettysburg Review, FIELD, The Laurel Review, Hotel Amerika, and Poet Lore among others.

Spread the word. Far and wide,

William Slaughter, mudlark@unf.edu

Lagniappe, found while getting links for the journals above: NewPages.com is news, information and guides to literary magazines, independent publishers, alternative periodicals, independent bookstores, indie record labels, alternative newsweeklies and more.

Posted via email from Just Writing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...