Saturday, April 11, 2009

Word!

Word up: word/s (logos) = power... letters, a single word, verb, language, metaphor, telling, runes (often made from bones)

http://www.cortada.com/projects/2003/verb-miami/whats-your-verb.jpg


Reesom Haile

http://z.about.com/d/poetry/1/0/_/2/ourlang.gif

Welcome
To our language.
Taste
the sauce
With spicy melted
Butter,
Berbere pepper
And sea salt.
The bones are big
Not only for the flavor.
Take them
Like communion.

(English translation by Charles Cantalupo)

@@@@@@@@@@@

Rondelet (Medieval verse form)
by Anonymous

I never meant
For you to go. The thing you heard
I never meant
for you to hear. The night you went
away I knew our whole absurd
sweet world had fallen with a word
I never meant.

@@@@@@@@@@@

Poison Tree, William Blake

I was angry with my friend:
I told my wrath, my wrath did end.
I was angry with my foe:
I told it not, my wrath did grow.

And I watered it in fears
Night and morning with my tears,
And I sunned it with smiles
And with soft deceitful wiles.

And it grew both day and night,
Till it bore an apple bright,
And my foe beheld it shine,
And he knew that it was mine -

And into my garden stole
When the night had veiled the pole;
In the morning, glad, I see
My foe outstretched beneath the tree.

@@@@@@@@@@@

Sinn
Von toten Buchstaben auferstanden, machst du erst Sinn, machst du erst Sinn, wenn du nicht wie Erz tönst sondern aus voller Kehle ins Blaue springst. Aber hoffe nicht, daß Engel dich fangen. Ob du steigst oder stürzt, hängt allein davon ab, ob deine toten Buchstaben zu Lebzeiten Oben oder Unten die tiefere, die höhere Bedeutung beilegten.

Sense

Resurrected out of dead letters you will
make sense only if you don't become sounding
brass, but spring straight from your barrel
chest into the blue. But don't hope for angels
to catch you. Whether you take wing or fall depends
only on this: was it to up or to down that your
dead letters in their lifetime attributed the deeper,
the higher meaning.

Richard Anders, German, born 1928 in Ortelsburg (now Szczytno, Poland).

Rune poems




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...