Monday, March 9, 2009

Another opportunity

Another opportunity for all of us... Posted by tirods@hotmail.com, Tue Mar 3, 2009 3:11 pm (PST)

...or in the immortal words of hip hop legends Smif-n-Wessun. .."If I shine, You shine"....from Mary Oishi and Jon Knudsen

Hakim-

I have started a Sunday poetry column on the city blog Duke City Fix. So far I have published three local poets: Richard Vargas, Margaret Randall, and Demien Flores. I would love to publish one or two of your poems as well.

My thought was to feature local poets on a regular basis. This would not only help educate the general public, but give ABQ poets a chance to expand their base of local support. If the poems were about the Duke City, so much the better.

I have not had too much interest from our community of writers however. This is too bad because I think it would be a nice opportunity for everybody. The poems would be featured on the front page of the Duke City Fix every Sunday morning. Although later posts push the "Sunday Poem" down they remain on the front page usually for several days. They are then available on The DitchRider's page...virtually forever. Btw, The DitchRider is the pen name I am using for the editor of this feature.

I hope you may have something you could send me to help get this project off the ground. If possible please include a short bio, a picture, any links, news, etc. I don't think you will be disappointed with how it turns out. And please, if you know of others who might be interested, forward this invitation. Thanks.

Jon Knudsen
theditchrider@ gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...