ModPo continues to be absolutely free and open to everyone. We begin on September 12 and will run for 10 weeks, as usual, until November 23.
If you haven't been inside the ModPo site since 2012 or 2013, you will find so many new things: a whole supplemental syllabus of poems and video discussions called "ModPoPLUS," a set of videos aimed to helping teachers teach these poems and these sorts of poems, and many new video clips showing ModPo people from around the world doing their own close readings of our poems.
The main syllabus has been adjusted somewhat and there are new poems (and new videos) there.
Plus: the original ModPo TAs will be back once again! Come back and hang out with Anna, Max, Dave, Amaris, Ali, Emily, Molly and all of us in discussion forums, during face-to-face meet-ups in various cities, during "office hours," and during our now-famous weekly live webcast sessions.
Below my signature are a few links to videos that might put you back in the interactive, poetry-loving spirit.
With my very best wishes, Al Filreis
University of Pennsylvania
Some videos you might enjoy:
1. a brand new close reading of an Emily Dickinson poem: link to video
2. on how to approach "difficult" poems: link to video
3. ModPo students from around the world discuss their ModPo experience: link to video
4. ModPo TAs "behind the scenes": link to video
5. two minutes on the importance of form in poetry: link to video
Copyright (c) 2015 Coursera, Inc | 381 E. Evelyn Avenue, Mountain View, CA 94041 USA