Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Reader introduction: Connie Rossignol

Connie [ Rossignol], a 2008 PWP readers writes:
 
Dale told me to send you some info for the upcoming event so here goes:

I write "cowboy poetry" but it might better be described as "rural rhyme"since I'm not now nor have I ever been a cowboy![ I have neither the skill nor the "sand" for that job!  LOL] I come from a rural backround and currently live in Tome' NM  with my husband of 37 years [ my 2 grown children and my granddaughter live in Albuquerque] We grow a little hay and  keep a small herd of donkeys that we ride and drive. In the past I've had a part time job wrangling horses for a dude outfit but have primarily made a living as an OB/GYN nurse practitioner  - - currently semi retired.

My poems have been published in The Horsemen's Voice, The Brayer [Journal of the American Donkey and Mule Society] and the UNM literary magazine, Concepts Southwest. I had an article published in Mules and More Magazine. A poem, "In Defense of Donkeys," was included in an anthology called The Big Roundup which won 2002 Best Cowboy Poetry Book of the Year/ Buck Ramsey Award from the Academy of Western Artists and the Will Rogers Medallion Award.
I've performed poetry at Rancho De Las Golondrinas [I will be there June 28th and 29th] and some years back I read at a gallery in Taos called "Pure" [don't know if it's still around or not.]

That's pretty much it - -except unbeknownst to me a friend established a web site about me
http://members.aol.com/broncmagnet - there are some poems there along with a "resume ". I'm sure this is more than you ever wanted to know - and the truth is none of it is anything to "write home about"! LOL

Thanks for including me in your program. Everyone was so nice last year and I had so much fun.
If I can answer any questions just drop me a note!

Connie [ Rossignol]

Ed note: Thanks Connie - fun is definitely the way to go. Maybe we can educate fellow readers and visitors about Cowboy poetry - and longears.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...